Run My Meeting
“I call Steph when I want people to go away thinking that they were glad they were there – because they’ve clarified their thinking and had a genuine, productive conversation.”Phil Beardmore, Low Carbon Buildings Expert and Environmental Leadership Coach
Important meeting with a challenging, large or multi-stakeholder group?
Do you want to:
- focus on managing the work, not managing personalities?
- focus on the content, not managing time?
- help different characters or functions work together effectively?
- make sure every voice is heard and no-one dominates?
- welcome people with Lived Experience and do genuine co-production?
- use technology with confidence?
Are you sick of thinking ‘another bloody meeting’?
I love being able to help people get what they really need from meetings. This is possible when everyone in the room gets a chance to share their knowledge, and all the skills and resources in the room come together to solve an issue or get something done in a way that hasn’t been imagined before.
“Your combination of approach and style was perfect both for the subject matter and some of the challenges we were looking to overcome. It was appreciated by all – one text I received from a Board member starts: “It is hard to overstate the very positive step forward we took today.”Tim Hollingsworth OBE, CEO Sport England
I make my approach and tools clear as I go along, and participants put them into practice, once before I’d even left the meeting.
Laura Griffith, previously Senior Programme Officer at BCC, now Deputy Head of National Embedding at IMPACT
We commissioned Steph to help us run and carry out a large multi stakeholder event called ‘Creating a Mentally Healthy City’. Steph worked with the wider team to clarify our objectives, gave training to table facilitators and ran a day long workshop for 35 people very smoothly.
By asking what we wanted to achieve together, and how realistic that goal was within the time and resources we had, she completely changed the dynamic. It made it much easier to work together because we understood our shared goal, we had clarity on our outcomes, and we’d faced some elephants in the room around what was and wasn’t possible.
We got excellent feedback for the event – participants gave us the insights we needed to help us develop the new framework, and also made connections with one another and left the room with commitments to individual action. It was wonderful having an experienced facilitator but more than that, the pre-work for the event helped our team both clarify the activity and build capacity within our team. It can be tricky putting on large inter-agency events that lead to collective action – Steph was a dream to work with on this.
- a board member or chair with a challenge
- a governing body writing a new strategy
- a national organisation resolving a management/delivery divide
- a charity refreshing its core purpose
- a cross-service board member working together to enhance wellbeing in a major city
- a member or leader of a council adapting service models to strengths-based working
Then you’ll have something in common with clients I’ve already worked with to make their meetings matter.